Cell Culture Events
GE Healthcare Single-use Symposium – Boston, MA – November 1-2, 2016
Tuesday, November 1, 2016-Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
Marriott Long Wharf, 96 State St., Boston Massachusetts 02109
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Time: 1:00 PM Central Standard Time
As stem cell research moves closer toward therapeutic application, there is a recognized need to increase the quality and consistency of pluripotent stem cells and their derivatives. While variability in the efficiency of stem cell differentiation can undermine data interpretation and slow research progress, the ability to quickly monitor changes in cell phenotype without sacrificing yield continues to be a challenge. In this webinar, Richard Feurstenberg and Joy Aho discuss Luminex technology, its power as a non-invasive tool for monitoring stem cell differentiation, and its utility for troubleshooting and optimizing stem cell culturing and differentiation conditions.
Date: Thursday, September 22, 2016
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
FinVector Vision Therapies Oy (Kuopio, Finland), a contract development and manufacturing organization, has developed an iCELLis process for Phase III production of an adenovirus type 5 vector in adherent HEK 293 cells. Process development at bench-scale in the iCELLis Nano bioreactor was transferred to the large-scale iCELLis 500 bioreactor. Several consistent clinical batches have been manufactured. An Investigational New Drug Application for material made in the iCELLis bioreactor was submitted to the US Food and Drug Administration and is now in effect.
This webinar will review the design and operation of the iCELLis bioreactor and present this case study of FinVector’s process development and scale-up.
Register to Learn:
- How an iCELLis bioreactor can replace up to 786 10-layer or 278 36-layer cell culture vessels for large-scale vector production.
- Details of how FinVector developed a large-scale production process using the iCELLis platform.
- How iCELLis bioreactors control pH, DO and temperature for consistent virus production at large-scale.
Date: Thursday, September 22, 2016
Time: 02:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Exosomes encapsulate and transport a wide variety of molecules generated by their cell-of-origin, a process now thought to be a form of cellular signaling. Exosome signaling is common across cell types and species, but it is of particular interest in diseases with an inflammatory component. While exosome isolation and analysis is useful to understanding the mechanisms behind these multifaceted diseases, exosomes may also be exploited for their therapeutic potential. The Scientist is bringing together a panel of experts to review the current knowledge on exosomes in inflammation, and to explore the potential for exosome-based therapeutics. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with the experts, ask questions, and seek advice on topics that are related to their research.
Topics to be covered:
- The exosomal cargoes released during inflammation, and their potential as therapeutic targets
- How inflammatory diseases are uniquely suited to exosome analysis
Bioprocess Insights Webinars
The biopharmaceutical industry has developed into a multi-billion dollar market in just 30 years. Making decisions and setting up strategies in a rapidly changing environment can be challenging. The difference between a good and a great decision can have extensive implications for the future of a company. In this environment, knowledge and experience are what make the difference. Good insights about, for example, technical advancements, process economy implications, and sustainability aspects can help improve the individual decisions and strengthen the overall business strategy.
In this webinar series, four renowned subject matter experts will share their insights into four areas of bioprocessing: upstream, vaccines, downstream, and single-use technology. We will present tangible, recently developed data that can help you in developing modern, cost-efficient, and sustainable bioprocesses.
Don’t miss these on demand webinars – http://www.bioprocessintl.com/sponsored-content/bioprocess-insights-webinars/
- Adoptive T-Cell Therapy Summit Europe 2016 – October 10-11, 2016 – London, UK www.tcellsummit.com
- 2nd Annual Cell & Gene Therapy Congress – November 3-4, 2016 – London, UK – http://www.celltherapy-congress.com/Over 250 delegates representing leading biotech companies, global pharma organisations and internationally renowned academic institutions.Over 20 presentations and case studies focused on the key issues in cell & gene therapy development, updates in regulatory pathways, commercialisation, bioprocessing and manufacturing2 interactive streams:Cell & Gene Therapy: Development, Clinical Trials & CommercialisationCell Therapy Bioprocessing and ManufacturingCo-located with the established 5th Annual Cell Culture & Bioprocessing Congress and 3rd Annual Stem Cell CongressFree Pre-Congress WebinarAdvances In Gene Editing Technologies
Presented by Richard Morgan, Vice President, Immunotherapy at Bluebird Bio. – Register for free today >>
- 5th Annual Cell Culture & Bioprocessing Congress – November 3-4, 2016 – London, UK – http://www.cellculture-congress.com/Over 170 delegates representing leading biotech companies, global pharma organisations and internationally renowned academic institutions50 presentations, case studies and panel discussions focused on the key issues in cell line optimisation, process development and biological production4 interactive streams:Early Cell Line DevelopmentProcess DevelopmentLate Stage Cell Line DevelopmentBiological Production14 pre-scheduled one to one meetings, exhibition and informal networking opportunitiesCo-located with our 3rd Annual Stem Cell Congress and our 2nd Annual Cell & Gene Therapy Congress
- TIDES Europe – November 14-17, 2016 – Berlin, Germany – http://get.knect365.com/tides-europe/TIDES Europe is the place where oligo and peptide experts go to meet and build successful partnerships to accelerate products from early discovery through late stage development and commercialisation. In 2015 Tides Europe attracted a 40% increase in attendance across the oligo and peptide audience.
- World Immunotherapy Congress 2016 – November 14-16, 2016 – Basel Switzerland http://bit.ly/1rbnrYy
- World Precision Medicine – November 14-15, 2016 – Washington DC
The World Precision Medicine Congress USA is bringing together big pharma, big data, and healthcare providers to discuss the scientific, economic, and policy goals towards producing precise and genomic-based medicines. Partnered with forward-looking industry leaders such as precisionFDA and NantWorks, this event will fast-track our momentum into the future paradigm of healthcare by spurring the important discussions to get us there.
Can you afford to miss this gathering of precision medicine leaders? Pharma, big data, and healthcare providers will be there attending sessions on gene therapy, cell therapy, personalized medicine, and genomics.
Download the brochure: http://bit.ly/1N3Y0vI
Register to attend: http://bit.ly/1ObpkNV